From: Bob Turner Bob on
I am infected with a version of TrojanWin32-FakeRean which goes under the
name of Security Central and after scanning the computer requires the user to
sign up to the security service offered for $59 per year. I have attempted to
down load removal software but it will not allow any .exe file to open hence
the removal software cannot be installed and in fact no .exe file can be
opened apart from IE to enable signup. Any body with any suggestions please?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bob Turner" <Bob Turner(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| I am infected with a version of TrojanWin32-FakeRean which goes under the
| name of Security Central and after scanning the computer requires the user to
| sign up to the security service offered for $59 per year. I have attempted to
| down load removal software but it will not allow any .exe file to open hence
| the removal software cannot be installed and in fact no .exe file can be
| opened apart from IE to enable signup. Any body with any suggestions please?

Not new. Old trick just a new variant.

Have you tried Safe Mode ?

Have you tried renaming/copying .EXE files to .COM ?

--
Dave

From: Bob Turner on

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "Bob Turner" <Bob Turner(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | I am infected with a version of TrojanWin32-FakeRean which goes under the
> | name of Security Central and after scanning the computer requires the user to
> | sign up to the security service offered for $59 per year. I have attempted to
> | down load removal software but it will not allow any .exe file to open hence
> | the removal software cannot be installed and in fact no .exe file can be
> | opened apart from IE to enable signup. Any body with any suggestions please?
>
> Not new. Old trick just a new variant.
>
> Have you tried Safe Mode ?
>
> Have you tried renaming/copying .EXE files to .COM ?
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>

> Hi Dave,
Not yet but I think I may have found the answer in another post suggesting
just that.
Thanks for your advice ; I'll try it and let you know.
Rgds,
Bob

From: All Points Pc on
hello,

you can try super anti spyware free edition free edition free ware in safe
mode boot pc up and before windows screen keep hitting f8 and then pick safe
mode. if doesn't work before installing virus or spyware software right
click on file and rename it to blablabl.exe and you may trick the bad file
into letting you install it.

"Bob Turner" <Bob Turner(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am infected with a version of TrojanWin32-FakeRean which goes under the
> name of Security Central and after scanning the computer requires the user
> sign up to the security service offered for $59 per year. I have attempted
> down load removal software but it will not allow any .exe file to open
> hence
> the removal software cannot be installed and in fact no .exe file can be
> opened apart from IE to enable signup. Any body with any suggestions
> please?

Pages: 1
Prev: Microsoft Security Essentials.
Next: Help please!!