From: "Joseph" Joseph on
I have Windows XP SP3 and for security I have used for several years AVG
Antivirus free edition, AdAware and Spybot, all always up to date and have
not had any problems.
I recently discovered Microsoft Security Essentials and I am considering if
replacing my exsisting security programs with the MSE is a good decision.
I would appreciate comments from anyone with some experience on this matter.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Joseph" <Joseph@ no spam>

| I have Windows XP SP3 and for security I have used for several years AVG
| Antivirus free edition, AdAware and Spybot, all always up to date and have
| not had any problems.
| I recently discovered Microsoft Security Essentials and I am considering if
| replacing my exsisting security programs with the MSE is a good decision.
| I would appreciate comments from anyone with some experience on this matter.

The question is -- WHY ?

Security software isn't the 'falvour of the week' solution.

--
Dave

From: Johnw on
Joseph has brought this to us :

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Microsoft-Security-Essentials.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Microsoft-Security-Essentials-Screenshot-131683.html
http://lifehacker.com/5401453/stop-paying-for-windows-security-microsofts-security-tools-are-good-enough
http://lifehacker.com/5433229/microsoft-security-essentials-ranks-as-best+performing-free-antivirus
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

From: ~BD~ on
Joseph wrote:
> I have Windows XP SP3 and for security I have used for several years AVG
> Antivirus free edition, AdAware and Spybot, all always up to date and have
> not had any problems.
> I recently discovered Microsoft Security Essentials and I am considering if
> replacing my exsisting security programs with the MSE is a good decision.
> I would appreciate comments from anyone with some experience on this matter.

Hello Joseph :)

I used to use AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot, just as you do. From what I've
learned over that last few years I know that many folk believe that the
protection offered by such programmes is now inadequate to deal with
current threats.

I have been using MSE on both a laptop and a desktop (both with XP Home)
for some months without problems. It's not intrusive.

There is no reason whatever for you not to try it out. If you are
unhappy with it, for any reason, you may always uninstall and either
revert to what you currently use or try something else altogether.

Btw, I'm just a user, like you, not one of the gurus who reside here!

HTH

--
Dave
From: "Joseph" Joseph on
And that's why I was considering MSE, to replace 3 programs with 1. After
reading the replies and checking the links provided I'll go ahead and
install MSE to simplify my PC.
Thanks for your comments folks.

"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Joseph wrote:
>> I have Windows XP SP3 and for security I have used for several years AVG
>> Antivirus free edition, AdAware and Spybot, all always up to date and
>> have
>> not had any problems.
>> I recently discovered Microsoft Security Essentials and I am considering
>> if
>> replacing my exsisting security programs with the MSE is a good decision.
>> I would appreciate comments from anyone with some experience on this
>> matter.
>>

> Hello Joseph :)
>
> I used to use AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot, just as you do. From what I've
> learned over that last few years I know that many folk believe that the
> protection offered by such programmes is now inadequate to deal with
> current threats.
>
> I have been using MSE on both a laptop and a desktop (both with XP Home)
> for some months without problems. It's not intrusive.
>
> There is no reason whatever for you not to try it out. If you are unhappy
> with it, for any reason, you may always uninstall and either revert to
> what you currently use or try something else altogether.
>
> Btw, I'm just a user, like you, not one of the gurus who reside here!
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Dave

 |  Next  |  Last