From: pete on
Since upgrading to Outlook 2007 - I can't seem to find any sign of a follow up folder like in Outlook 2003. So, I thought I'd come here to see if a workaround is feasible.

I have certain vb scripts that clean up specified folders, they move any mail older than 2 weeks into corresponding archive folders. What I'm wondering is, is it possible that without mail arriving or sending to set up certain rules. Like when I mark an item for follow up or to do, it moves to a certain folder, then once inside that folder, if I clear the flag it will move back to it's original folder?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"pete" <peter[dot]yeaney[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message

> Since upgrading to Outlook 2007 - I can't seem to find any sign of a follow
> up folder like in
> Outlook 2003. So, I thought I'd come here to see if a workaround is
> feasible.
>
> I have certain vb scripts that clean up specified folders, they move any
> mail older than 2 weeks into corresponding archive folders. What I'm
> wondering is, is it possible that without mail arriving or
> sending to set up certain rules. Like when I mark an item for follow up or
> to do, it moves to a certain folder, then once inside that folder, if I
> clear the flag it will move back to it's original folder?.

WHy not use the "For Follow Up: search folder? Expand "Search Folders". It's
one of the default search folders. If it's not there, right-click Search
Folders, choose New Search Folder, choose "Mail flagged for follow up" and
click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: dlw on
Click on the + by search folders, see if it's there, if not, make a new
search folder with that category as the criteria. You can make custom search
folders for any category, messages will show up or not show up based on
category, no need to move stuff around.