From: carolyn on
Ok guys,

Can you help me with this one?

On installation, I am getting the following error message:

-----
Error
Could not mount compressed loopback :(.
[ OK ]
-----

The last few lines of the log
-----
<snip>
* found a Madriva CDROM, good news!
* total memory: 448 Mbytes
* mount_clp_map_preload: /sysroot/tmp/image//install/stage2//mdkinst.clp
into /sysroot/tmp/stage2 (preload = 1)
* have to insmod loop
* needs loop
* succeeded loop
* /dev/loop0 is available
* have to insmod cryptoloop
* needs cryptoloop
* succeeded cryptoloop
* have to insmod zlib_inflate
* /modules/modules.mar: No such file or directory
* warning, insmod failed (zlib_inflate (null)) (1)
* have to insmod gzloop
* needs gzloop
* succeeded gzloop
* set_loop failed on /dev/loop0 (Invalid argument)
* unsetting automatic
* exiting bootsplash
-----

Any ideas as to what might be going on, and more importantly how I proceed?

Thanks, Carolyn
--
Carolyn Marenger

From: Edward on
carolyn wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> Can you help me with this one?
>
> On installation, I am getting the following error message:
>
> -----
> Error
> Could not mount compressed loopback :(.
> [ OK ]
> -----
>
> The last few lines of the log
> -----
> <snip>
> * found a Madriva CDROM, good news!
> * total memory: 448 Mbytes
> * mount_clp_map_preload: /sysroot/tmp/image//install/stage2//mdkinst.clp
> into /sysroot/tmp/stage2 (preload = 1)
> * have to insmod loop
> * needs loop
> * succeeded loop
> * /dev/loop0 is available
> * have to insmod cryptoloop
> * needs cryptoloop
> * succeeded cryptoloop
> * have to insmod zlib_inflate
> * /modules/modules.mar: No such file or directory
> * warning, insmod failed (zlib_inflate (null)) (1)
> * have to insmod gzloop
> * needs gzloop
> * succeeded gzloop
> * set_loop failed on /dev/loop0 (Invalid argument)
> * unsetting automatic
> * exiting bootsplash
> -----
>
> Any ideas as to what might be going on, and more importantly how I
> proceed?
>
> Thanks, Carolyn

It looks like a corrupted CD/DVD.
--
Rgds.
Edward
From: Walter Mautner on
carolyn enlightened us alt.os.linux.mandrake-(ab)users with:

> Ok guys,
>
> Can you help me with this one?
>
> On installation, I am getting the following error message:
>
> -----
> Error
> Could not mount compressed loopback :(.
> [ OK ]
> -----
>
> The last few lines of the log
> -----
> <snip>
> * found a Madriva CDROM, good news!
> * total memory: 448 Mbytes
> * mount_clp_map_preload:
> /sysroot/tmp/image//install/stage2//mdkinst.clp into
> /sysroot/tmp/stage2 (preload = 1) * have to insmod loop
> * needs loop
> * succeeded loop
> * /dev/loop0 is available
> * have to insmod cryptoloop
> * needs cryptoloop
> * succeeded cryptoloop
> * have to insmod zlib_inflate
> * /modules/modules.mar: No such file or directory
> * warning, insmod failed (zlib_inflate (null)) (1)

After also reading your previous thread about the boot difficulties with
that dvd, I suspect you got a "weak burn" (too high speed? too low
quality/incompatible media?) and you would run into mysterious troubles
even if you get it to find zlib_deflate one other time.
If you still have the iso file, burn it again with lower speed setting
and a good brand of dvd media.
Your dvd burner might also reach it's end of life ...
From: carolyn on
Walter Mautner wrote:

> carolyn enlightened us alt.os.linux.mandrake-(ab)users with:
>
>> Ok guys,
>>
>> Can you help me with this one?
>>
>> On installation, I am getting the following error message:
>>
>> -----
>> Error
>> Could not mount compressed loopback :(.
>> [ OK ]
>> -----
>>
>> The last few lines of the log
>> -----
>> <snip>
>> * found a Madriva CDROM, good news!
>> * total memory: 448 Mbytes
>> * mount_clp_map_preload:
>> /sysroot/tmp/image//install/stage2//mdkinst.clp into
>> /sysroot/tmp/stage2 (preload = 1) * have to insmod loop
>> * needs loop
>> * succeeded loop
>> * /dev/loop0 is available
>> * have to insmod cryptoloop
>> * needs cryptoloop
>> * succeeded cryptoloop
>> * have to insmod zlib_inflate
>> * /modules/modules.mar: No such file or directory
>> * warning, insmod failed (zlib_inflate (null)) (1)
>
> After also reading your previous thread about the boot difficulties with
> that dvd, I suspect you got a "weak burn" (too high speed? too low
> quality/incompatible media?) and you would run into mysterious troubles
> even if you get it to find zlib_deflate one other time.
> If you still have the iso file, burn it again with lower speed setting
> and a good brand of dvd media.
> Your dvd burner might also reach it's end of life ...

I will give that a shot. Hopefully you are correct. As far as the DVD
burner reaching the end of its life... I hope not - as it has only burned 2
DVDs in it's life. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Carolyn

--
Carolyn Marenger

From: carolyn on
Edward wrote:

> carolyn wrote:
>
>> Ok guys,
>>
>> Can you help me with this one?
>>
>> On installation, I am getting the following error message:
>>
>> -----
>> Error
>> Could not mount compressed loopback :(.
>> [ OK ]
>> -----
>>
>> The last few lines of the log
>> -----
>> <snip>
>> * found a Madriva CDROM, good news!
>> * total memory: 448 Mbytes
>> * mount_clp_map_preload: /sysroot/tmp/image//install/stage2//mdkinst.clp
>> into /sysroot/tmp/stage2 (preload = 1)
>> * have to insmod loop
>> * needs loop
>> * succeeded loop
>> * /dev/loop0 is available
>> * have to insmod cryptoloop
>> * needs cryptoloop
>> * succeeded cryptoloop
>> * have to insmod zlib_inflate
>> * /modules/modules.mar: No such file or directory
>> * warning, insmod failed (zlib_inflate (null)) (1)
>> * have to insmod gzloop
>> * needs gzloop
>> * succeeded gzloop
>> * set_loop failed on /dev/loop0 (Invalid argument)
>> * unsetting automatic
>> * exiting bootsplash
>> -----
>>
>> Any ideas as to what might be going on, and more importantly how I
>> proceed?
>>
>> Thanks, Carolyn
>
> It looks like a corrupted CD/DVD.

I am going to burn it again, and see what happens this time. After that I
am going to downgrade back to the 2006 I am currently using. Wish me luck!

Carolyn
--
Carolyn Marenger