From: Brian on
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup
app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is
telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I
have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for
now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and
manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy?
Any help is appreciated.

From: Brian on
I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008.

From: oz casey, Dedeal on
Just fix the VSS issues here is good start, if you post the errors here I am
sure you will get correct directions how to fix it.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/08/25/449684.aspx

ocd