From: SW on
You could manually restart the cluster service in the disaster site with the /forcequorum switch (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258078). This could bring the cluster online even if it does not have a majority of nodes.

SW

AJ wrote:

Exchange 2010 Site Resilience
11-Feb-10

Hi Folks

I have read all the whitepapers but it still is not clear. Here is what I
thought was a simple question, but I dont seem to be able to find a
clear answer:

Say we have a single DAG with members split across 2 physical sites,
lets say 2 members in the primary DC and 1 member in the secondary DC.
The FSW is configured to reside in the primary DC (Highest number of
users)

DAC mode is enabled

All DAG members will contain active databases as there will be a
couple of hundred users locally based at the second DC. The second DC
is not a pure DR site.

When the WAN goes down I assume that the active databases at the
second DC will go offline because quorom has been lost i.e. only 1
member of the DAG left.

My question is how do we stop this behaviour from happening or how do
we bring the offline databases back online. Obviously this is
extremely undesirable behaviour and it could also be a more than a
once in a lifetime event! Would I need to perform a DC *over and
activate the alternate FSW?

TIA

AJ

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:25 PM
AJ wrote:

[...]

On Friday, February 12, 2010 5:03 PM
Mahmoud Magdy wrote:

this is an old driven discussion from Exchange 2007, which is where to
this is an old driven discussion from Exchange 2007, which is where to store
the FSW.
FSW could be hosted on the secondary in but if you lost the connectivity to
the secondary site then your primary site will be down.

the best solution is to pick a third site and create the FSW over there. or
recover the FSW, check this article
http://www.shudnow.net/2008/11/06/recovering-from-server-2008-ccr-cluster-failure-with-forcequorum/

On Monday, February 15, 2010 9:16 AM
AJ wrote:

HiThanks for the reply but it does not really answer my question and wedont
Hi

Thanks for the reply but it does not really answer my question and we
dont have a third site.
I am using Exchange 2010 and DAG and not Exchange 2007 CCR. Are you
saying the commands are the same. I have an alternate FSW already
configured.

TIA AJ

WCF Data Services / WCF Behaviors And Server Side Processing
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7597ebc9-868a-420b-96d0-119d3a501d60/wcf-data-services--wcf-behaviors-and-server-side-processing.aspx