From: alexd on
How would one go about mapping a redundant key on the keyboard [eg Windows
key] to a click/release of the middle mouse button?

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
19:37:07 up 28 days, 21:22, 8 users, load average: 0.14, 0.17, 0.17

From: Tony Houghton on
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:39:46 +0100
alexd <troffasky(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> How would one go about mapping a redundant key on the keyboard [eg Windows
> key] to a click/release of the middle mouse button?

evrouter

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

From: alexd on
Tony Houghton wrote:

> evrouter

Thanks for that, seems to be just the ticket. Here's the .evrouterrc I
cooked up to do this:

Window ""

"Keyboard" "" mod4 key/125 "XButton/2"
"Keyboard" "" mod4 key/126 "XButton/2"

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
20:33:22 up 29 days, 22:18, 8 users, load average: 0.22, 0.14, 0.10

From: spike1 on
alexd <troffasky(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tony Houghton wrote:
>
>> evrouter
>
> Thanks for that, seems to be just the ticket. Here's the .evrouterrc I
> cooked up to do this:
>
> Window ""
>
> "Keyboard" "" mod4 key/125 "XButton/2"
> "Keyboard" "" mod4 key/126 "XButton/2"

The windows key does have other uses though, especially if you use
compiz-fusion. (where they call it the super key)
super plus wheel mouse == enhanced zoom, for example.
super + various key presses activate other compiz effects.
--
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |