From: jpBless on
=====================
First off my apology for multiposting. I posted to the wrong group by
accident. This post was meant for this group and not the enterprise group I
had posted to by accident.

I have automated VB6 application that sends email to to clients when
prompted by a user. The app uses MAPI client (using the default mail client
information to send the mail). After sending mail the email and attachments
gets added to SENT Folder of the mail client.

This app has worked well and still does for users using Outlook express.
However if the default client is Outlook Application a security
message/warning comes up warning the user "Unknown application is trying to
send messge..." and ask user to confirm and select profile etc... No matter
what the user does the app hangs. I have tried all I could and can't resolve
this problem... Has any one encountered and resolved this issue?

I have thought of using any VB6 method that could send email independent of
user's default email... But I am stomped too. The Sendmail.dll can't seem to
resolve the issue of sending mail using IMAP (like Gmail) settings..

In short I need your help. Thanks in advance.

From: GS on
jpBless was thinking very hard :
> =====================
> First off my apology for multiposting. I posted to the wrong group by
> accident. This post was meant for this group and not the enterprise group I
> had posted to by accident.
>

> I have automated VB6 application that sends email to to clients when
> prompted by a user. The app uses MAPI client (using the default mail client
> information to send the mail). After sending mail the email and attachments
> gets added to SENT Folder of the mail client.
>
> This app has worked well and still does for users using Outlook express.
> However if the default client is Outlook Application a security
> message/warning comes up warning the user "Unknown application is trying to
> send messge..." and ask user to confirm and select profile etc... No matter
> what the user does the app hangs. I have tried all I could and can't resolve
> this problem... Has any one encountered and resolved this issue?
>
> I have thought of using any VB6 method that could send email independent of
> user's default email... But I am stomped too. The Sendmail.dll can't seem to
> resolve the issue of sending mail using IMAP (like Gmail) settings..
>
> In short I need your help. Thanks in advance.

That's a security prompt that OE displays if the option 'Warn me if
other apps try sending mail as me' is checked. This is set by the user
via the Options dialog Security tab.

There's two things you could do IMO; 1. Use your own email account
info/credentials in the MapiSession.SignOn, -OR- 2. Pass 'TRUE' for the
optional MapiSession.Send arg to display the user's default mail app
dialog to so the user can do the send.

I prefer the latter approach so as to give the user an opportunity to
view the email and optionally edit it if desired. Also, this doesn't
require any username/password info because it defaults to using the
user's mail app account. Otherwise, you can fill in and prepare all the
other stuff via code thus leaving only the 'Send' up to the user.

HTH
--
Garry

From: Mike B on
Search this NG on April 5, 2009 subject: synchronize contacts with exchange

I posted a Delphi solution to get rid of the nag warning. With a little
effort, you could make it a VB6 solution.

From: MikeD on

"jpBless" <jp3blessNoSpam(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> =====================
> First off my apology for multiposting. I posted to the wrong group by
> accident. This post was meant for this group and not the enterprise group
> I had posted to by accident.

Nobody hardly reads that anyway. <g>

> I have automated VB6 application that sends email to to clients when
> prompted by a user. The app uses MAPI client (using the default mail
> client
> information to send the mail). After sending mail the email and
> attachments
> gets added to SENT Folder of the mail client.
>
> This app has worked well and still does for users using Outlook express.
> However if the default client is Outlook Application a security
> message/warning comes up warning the user "Unknown application is trying
> send messge..." and ask user to confirm and select profile etc... No
> matter
> what the user does the app hangs. I have tried all I could and can't
> resolve
> this problem... Has any one encountered and resolved this issue?

That's actually a fairly old problem. I think Outlook 2000 was the first
version to implement this security feature. There are ways around it. For
example, you might want to use CDO instead. CDO is not dependent on an
email client program. BUT, the user will need to provide some information
such as the SMTP and/or POP server and possibly credentials.

--
Mike

From: Clive Lumb on

"jpBless" <jp3blessNoSpam(a)hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : uV2HjHd1KHA.2156(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> =====================
> First off my apology for multiposting. I posted to the wrong group by
> accident. This post was meant for this group and not the enterprise group
> I had posted to by accident.
>

> I have automated VB6 application that sends email to to clients when
> prompted by a user. The app uses MAPI client (using the default mail
> client
> information to send the mail). After sending mail the email and
> attachments
> gets added to SENT Folder of the mail client.
>
> This app has worked well and still does for users using Outlook express.
> However if the default client is Outlook Application a security
> message/warning comes up warning the user "Unknown application is trying
> send messge..." and ask user to confirm and select profile etc... No
> matter
> what the user does the app hangs. I have tried all I could and can't
> resolve
> this problem... Has any one encountered and resolved this issue?
>
> I have thought of using any VB6 method that could send email independent
> of
> user's default email... But I am stomped too. The Sendmail.dll can't seem
> resolve the issue of sending mail using IMAP (like Gmail) settings..
>
> In short I need your help. Thanks in advance.

The easiest way is to use Redemption for Outlook. It gets around this
problem and exposes many more methods and properties than CDO.
It's free (getting rarer these days) and works with all versions of Outlook
AFAIK.

Please note that solutions that involve "turning off" the warning may not
work in a corporate environment as this is one of the many things that a
SysAdmin locks in Group Policy to avoid virus propagation.