From: Arno Schoedl on
Hello,

I would like to map a memory section of another process into my own
process, which is a regular user-mode process. I know about shared
memory with page file mappings, but in this case I am examining another
process which is not my own. So far, I am using
Read/WriteProcessMemory, which works, but is quite slow and requires
additional memory. I would prefer reaching directly into the other
process' address space. Any way to do this?

TIA,

Arno

From: Arkady Frenkel on
You can do that directly because of protection mode Win32 use for that
Arkady

From: Arno Schoedl on
What do you mean?

Arno

From: Arnie on
> What do you mean?
>
> Arno

I think Arkady probably meant:

You CAN'T do that directly because of protection mode Win32 use
for that

- Arnie

From: Arno Schoedl on
Does NtMapViewOfSection help? I saw articles about writing into
portions of physical memory. Can I use it to map portions of the
virtual addresses of other processes?

Arno