From: RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA on
Any body help me pls...
I have a table named Table1 with a field named (A) and Data type 'text'.

I have a form named 'FrmMain'
Is there any way from the above form with the help of a comand button
First click = insert letter "X" (without quatation mark) in field name (A)
(all rows)
Second click = delete all data ("X") in the above field (all rows)

tks in advance

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 06:45:01 -0700, RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA
<REVLOOKUPfORMULA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Any body help me pls...
>I have a table named Table1 with a field named (A) and Data type 'text'.
>
>I have a form named 'FrmMain'
>Is there any way from the above form with the help of a comand button
>First click = insert letter "X" (without quatation mark) in field name (A)
>(all rows)
>Second click = delete all data ("X") in the above field (all rows)
>
>tks in advance

Yes. VLookUp isn't the solution (it's an Excel function which does not exist
in Access though).

What you will want to do is run an Update query. However, I'm trying without
much success to imagine what earthly good this operation would be! What are
you trying to accomplish with a field which has the same value in all records
in a table?

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]