From: PJ on
Check ur primary email address in your Recipient policy since when the receiving end checking the sending domain name it could not verify the internal mail domain since u r using different domain internally. When they hit reply the default email domain after @ is still the internal and could not be delivered from outside.

Rgd
PJ

RandyH wrote:

Re: Masquerade domain
21-Sep-07

Thanks Mark, I have give it a shot..

On Friday, September 21, 2007 1:51 PM
RandyH wrote:

Masquerade domain
i did not engineer our current exch environment so i am a little unclear why
certain things are setup. specifically with masquerading a domain.

We have 1 front end and 1 back end exch servers.

on the front end server we are masquerading the domain mail.company.com.

our internal domain name is abc.com and is not the same as our outbound
email, company.com.

our default recipient policy looks right, it's company.com

we randomaly get calls from our users who are having trouble emailing
clients and when we talk to the client's IT staff we can see that our emails
are being marked as spam and are coming in as users(a)mail.company.com where
it should be user(a)company.com

also, with some clients they hit reply on an email and it's trying to go to
user(a)mail.company.com and that email get caught my exch server's
postermaster queue.

I'm thinking because our default recipient policy looks right, we don't need
to use masquerading. but, then i'm unclear about our A record at our
ISP..it's mail.company.com,

the long and short of this...i'm confused.

On Friday, September 21, 2007 1:59 PM
Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:

Re: Masquerade domain
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:51:38 -0400, "RandyH" <RHollaw(a)HOTmail.com>
wrote:

It certainly shouldn't be mail.company.com. As you probably worked
out, you don't put a server fqdn in there, just a domain name. So the
AD is abc.com and the SMTP domain is company.com. Drop the mail part
of it off.

On Friday, September 21, 2007 2:09 PM
RandyH wrote:

yes, the AD domain is abc.com and the email is company.comif the drop the mail.
yes, the AD domain is abc.com and the email is company.com

if the drop the mail., wouldn't I then change an A record at our ISP or PTR
record, because that is set to mail.company.com...

too add to the mix we use frontbridge as our inbound mail only, and we send
our outbound mail ourselves.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark(a)mvps.org> wrote in message

On Friday, September 21, 2007 2:21 PM
Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:

Re: Masquerade domain
wrote:

Leave it alone. it is masquerade domain not masquerade FQDN

More with the leaving alone.

On Friday, September 21, 2007 2:49 PM
RandyH wrote:

Re: Masquerade domain
Thanks Mark, I have give it a shot..

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx