From: Whitney on
I have a spreadsheet with 4 columns, each with a list of names. The names are
mostly the same, from 4 different resources, but some are mispelled. I would
like the 5th column to say True/False or Y/N if any of the names in a row
do/do not match, assuming blank cells as a match.

Ex.
DB Cisco Attendance Outlook Match?
Amy Smart Amy Smart Amy Smart Amy Smart Y or True
Bob Smith Bib Smith Bob Smith Bob Smith N or False
From: Pete_UK on
Try this in E2:

=AND(A2=B2,B2=C2,C2=D2,A2<>"")

and copy down as far as you need. This will return TRUE or FALSE, as
appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Dave Peterson on
If you never have any missing cells (or want to count the missing data as a
mismatch):

=COUNTIF(A2:D2,A2)=4

If the missing data should be ignored:

=COUNTIF(A2:D2,A2)=COUNTA(A2:D2)