From: Neal Reid on
Search though I have, I've been unable to determine what
Matching service count=(some number)
means during the boot cycle. There seems to be a consistent number of
occurrences from boot to boot, but the (some number) often changes - not
only from boot to boot, but within the list at boot.

That is, I see
Matching service count = 0
Matching service count = 27
--- last message repeated 4 times ---
Matching service count = 28

in my current console.

What does it mean?
From: Neal Reid on
In article <nealreid-1CC9A9.15514129072010(a)news.magma.ca>,
Neal Reid <nealreid(a)magma.ca> wrote:

> Search though I have, I've been unable to determine what
> Matching service count=(some number)
> means during the boot cycle. There seems to be a consistent number of
> occurrences from boot to boot, but the (some number) often changes - not
> only from boot to boot, but within the list at boot.
>
> That is, I see
> Matching service count = 0
> Matching service count = 27
> --- last message repeated 4 times ---
> Matching service count = 28
>
> in my current console.
>
> What does it mean?

As is oft the case, asking the question got me to thinking - and I've
now found (most of) the answer. It all has to do with IOKit and driver
matching.

I guess some things just don't have to make sense...