From: Thomas Fisk on
Hello!

I'm using the student version of matlab r2010a on mac os x snow leopard. When I try to launch matlab from the dock using the launcher icon the text "Start Matlab" appears in the menu bar, however quits a few seconds later.

Trying to launch it from the terminal using the "matlab" command produces the message:

matlab: No MATLAB bin directory for this machine architecture.

ARCH = maci64

I am able to launch matlab using the command "matlab -maci" from the x11 terminal application as was suggested in another thread (http://www.mathworks.de/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/279104#735169) however it would be nice to have it working from the dock.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution for it?

Thanks.
From: Brian Arnold on
Hello,

1. Select the MATLAB_R2010a application icon in the Finder
2. Open the Get Info window (Command-I)
3. Check the "Open in 32-bit Mode" checkbox

Then start MATLAB.

Good luck!

- Brian

From: Thomas Fisk on
Brian Arnold <Brian.Arnold(a)mathworks.com> wrote in message <4C6446B8.6090105(a)mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
>
> 1. Select the MATLAB_R2010a application icon in the Finder
> 2. Open the Get Info window (Command-I)
> 3. Check the "Open in 32-bit Mode" checkbox
>
> Then start MATLAB.
>
> Good luck!
>
> - Brian
>

> Thomas Fisk wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm using the student version of matlab r2010a on mac os x snow leopard.
> > When I try to launch matlab from the dock using the launcher icon the
> > text "Start Matlab" appears in the menu bar, however quits a few seconds
> > later.
> >
> > Trying to launch it from the terminal using the "matlab" command
> > produces the message:
> >
> > matlab: No MATLAB bin directory for this machine architecture.
> >
> > ARCH = maci64
> >
> > I am able to launch matlab using the command "matlab -maci" from the x11
> > terminal application as was suggested in another thread
> > (http://www.mathworks.de/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/279104#735169)
> > however it would be nice to have it working from the dock.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution for it?
> >
> > Thanks.

Hi Brian thanks for your suggestion I tried it but it didn't seem to solve the problem. Is there any other way to make it default to the 32 bit version (if that is what the problem is)?