From: Marie on
I have read previous messages and responses regarding maximum text length in
cells, not visible on screen, or when printing.

I am using Excel 2007, and have a column width of 157 and a row height of
409.5 with a total number of characters of 4410 (with spaces) and 3734
(without spaces). When I created my text in word I added paragraph breaks so
it was easily readable when copying and pasting the text into the formula bar
in excel.

But, when viewing the screen and when printing, my text is cut off. I have
tried the Alt + Enter button but it's difficult to know where 80-100
characters are within the text in excel to add the Alt command. I tried to
copy it back to word, but adding Alt + Enter duplicates my line of text.

Any ideas where I am going wrong please? Your help would be extremely
appreciated.

Kind regards
From: Dave Peterson on
Widen the column so that it's more than the equivalent of 80-100 characters.
You'll see where each line wraps to the next.

That should make it a little easier to add those alt-enters. After you've
finished, you can change the columnwidth to what you want.

--

Dave Peterson