From: Nam Nguyen on
Daryl McCullough wrote:

> I guess there are two kinds of philosophy: the kind that takes
> murky concepts and attempts to make them clear, and the kind that
> takes clear concepts and attempts to make them murky. Identifying
> the presuppositions in natural language is an example of the first,
> inserting presuppositions into first-order arithmetic statements
> is an example of the second.

Ah! But there are also 2 kinds of reasoning as well: one based on
the precise mechanical-style proofs via axioms and rules of inference,
and one based on the intuitive concepts of some purported model of
a language! The former would force a clarity, and in the later murkiness
would be inevitable!

Normally, we do not so much look at things as overlook them.
Zen Quotes by Alan Watt