From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Iain Davidson in UK
sttscitrans(a)tesco.net wrote:

> 1) A natural is prime if it has preceisly two distinct divisors

 > 2) Every natural >1 has at least one prime divisor
 > 3) GCD(m,m+1) = 1, for any natural m
 > 3) Assume pn is the last prime
 > 4) w = the product of all primes
 > 5) 3) => gcd(w,w+1) =1 => no prime divides w+1
 >    This contradicts 2)
 > 6) Therefore: Assumption 3 is false
 >   - pn is not last prime

Actually, I counted 7 steps in the above Iain Davidson attempted
Indirect proof of Euclid
Infinitude of Primes Proof.

Davidson's fatal flaw is never a recognition that W+1 is divisible by
itself and thus when
Davidson reaches step 7 his only conclusion must be that W+1 is
necessarily a new prime
number. So Davidson never has a contradiction.

Davidson's mixed up mind never realizes that his step 2) needs the
additional statement that
**every N>1 is divisible by itself and has at least one prime
divisor**

Funny, how Davidson is the first person in the entire history of
mathematics that does not
believe every number is divisible by itself. And that disbelief of
Davidson, gets him hung up
on thinking that Euclid's Number W+1 is neither prime nor composite
but some new type of number.

Davidson not only fools himself but has fooled LWalk into believing
that his above mess is a proof of some kind.

Is there no-one in the UK that can help Iain Davidson, for he does not
listen,
and he does not learn. And he is only making all of UK mathematics
look very bad, indeed.

Davidson is either a 1) computer set up with impolite human handlers
2) an insane person
3) terribly mistaken person. In my last post I omitted the >1 in the
definition of prime number
as a Natural >1 divisible only by itself and 1. I omitted >1 on
purpose to see how Davidson
reacts, so that I could distinguish whether Davidson is a computer set
up with rude human
handlers or whether Davidson is some insane person. Computers and
insane people are disconnected from a dialogue, no matter how many
times you repeat what you want them
to talk about.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/
From: sttscitrans on
On 9 Aug, 19:32, Archimedes Plutonium <plutonium.archime...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Poor Old Archie Poo

Completely clueless