From: Mark Dalton Mark on
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a matrix report in SSRS 2008 from a relational source
that has measures on rows as well as some groups and subtotals. It should
look something like this when done:

ZIPCODE1 SERVICE1 SERVICE2 SERVICE3 TOTAL
FACILITY1
Measure1 5 8
10 23
Measure2 1 2
5 8
FACILITY2
Measure1
Measure2
TOTAL for ZIPCODE1
ZIPCODE2
FACILITY1
Measure1
Measure2
FACILITY2
Measure1
Measure2
TOTAL for ZIPCODE1

Etc.....

Basically I want to put my measures on rows within a group of facilities and
zipcodes, and then total by zipcode as well as having a row total. I've
tried in vain to create this using a matrix with groups and subtotals, but I
don't think I'm doing it correctly. I'm somewhat new to SSRS. I was able to
get something to work by adding a row within the group, splitting the cells
into two and manually adding the data element by editing the expression, but
there's got to be an easier way (I REALLY hope there's an easier way.).

Has anyone implemented something like this and could they please please
point me in the right direction? I can provide more detail if needed. Any
and all help is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mark