From: Parker on
Bill -

Do you get these results regardless of what text is in Fields!
Narrative.Value?

More specifically, do you see these results if Fields!Narrative.Value
is NULL? If it is an empty string? If it has some actual text in it?
If it has just blank spaces in it?

I have found that PDF rendering will strip out leading spaces in a
field - so if you were testing with blank spaces in Fields!
Narrative.Value, that could explain the behavior. (If you need leading
spaces in a field and are rendering to PDF, you can code them (&NBSP,
I think) or use something like an underscore character that won't be
too obtrusive).

Also, what version of SSRS are you working with?