Prev: Boot.ini
Next: smoni error
From: vhsman on
Have a memorex 522452 cdr. reformated h/d. lost install disk. can anyone tell
me where to get driver needed? not available on memorex sight. not avail.
anywhere that i can find. looking for 52maxx 2452aj driver. for Win ME or
Win XP . I believe thy are same driver. Need Badly.
Thank You In Advance
Bob T vhsman(a)hotmail.com
vhsman(a)eudoramail.com
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "vhsman" <vhsman(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| Have a memorex 522452 cdr. reformated h/d. lost install disk. can anyone tell
| me where to get driver needed? not available on memorex sight. not avail.
| anywhere that i can find. looking for 52maxx 2452aj driver. for Win ME or
| Win XP . I believe thy are same driver. Need Badly.
| Thank You In Advance
| Bob T vhsman(a)hotmail.com
| vhsman(a)eudoramail.com

There are no CDR, CDROM, CDRW, etc drivers.

If the drive is SCSI, it will be seen as a SCSI device and will inherit the controller
driver and built-in OS drivers.
If the drive is E-IDE/ATAPI, it will be seen as an IDE device and will inherit controller
driver and built-in OS drivers.

So if it is a SCSI device and it is seen on a SCSI controller and assigned a SCSI ID (LUN)
then it should be recognized by the OS.

If it is an IDE device and it is seen by the motherboard BIOS (or BIOS of IDE controller
card) then it should be recognized by the OS.

If the OS doesn't see it then the drive may be deffective or not connected properly.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Pages: 1