From: Andre De Clercq on
I have 2 stable XPSP2 computers. When running Msconfig, I have the boot.ini
tab missing on one of them. Is there any setting causing this difference?

From: Wesley Vogel on
Boot.ini tab is missing in MSCONFIG
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/bootini.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eb0R3BHwFHA.2228(a)TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Andre De Clercq <andre.declercq(a)pandora.be> hunted and pecked:
From: Andre De Clercq on
Thanks Wes. Boot.ini window opens when stert>run> c:\boot.ini. I can also
find boot.ini in C:\ as a file. I didn't do the reg change. Would this bring
it back into the Msconfig window? I would like
to get a bootlog file which aparently can only be initiated under the
boot.ini tab in Msconfig.

From: Wesley Vogel on
Andre,

Did you look at >>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig

There should *not* be a value named Boot.ini in the right hand pane.

All I have is (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u$HSPoRwFHA.916(a)TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,

From: Andre De Clercq on
In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig I have
REG_SZ (value not set). In the subfolders under MSconfig in the registry I
have "special permissions" checked when I check for "permissions". Is this
normal?

> Andre,
>
> Did you look at >>
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig
>
> There should *not* be a value named Boot.ini in the right hand pane.
>
> All I have is (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:u$HSPoRwFHA.916(a)TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Andre De Clercq <andre,declercq(a)pandora.be> hunted and pecked:
>> Thanks Wes. Boot.ini window opens when stert>run> c:\boot.ini. I can also
>> find boot.ini in C:\ as a file. I didn't do the reg change. Would this
>> bring it back into the Msconfig window? I would like
>> to get a bootlog file which aparently can only be initiated under the
>> boot.ini tab in Msconfig.
>>
>> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Boot.ini tab is missing in MSCONFIG
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/bootini.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:eb0R3BHwFHA.2228(a)TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
>>> Andre De Clercq <andre.declercq(a)pandora.be> hunted and pecked:

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Removing Bearshare
Next: Memorex cd-rw 52maxx driver