From: Giovanni Dicanio on

"GT" <ContactGT_removeme_(a)hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I found that I can add a breakpoint when a place in memory changes, but
> its not my code that it being hit when the breakpoint triggers - have I
> found a memory leak in the MFC code?!?

No.

MFC code (or better, ATL code... because CString since VC7 is part of ATL)
is fine.

But in your code you used CString instances in a wrong way, leaking them.

> Anothe thing that is confusing me - the above output window information
> suggests that the MFC CPP classes are on drive F:, but I have no drive F:.
> Could this be related to the memory leaks somehow??

No. I think it is a bug of VC7. It happened to me with VC7.1 (VS2003), too.
Just replace the wrong path with correct path of your Visual Studio
installation.

Giovanni

From: David Ching on
"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanni.dicanio(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Anothe thing that is confusing me - the above output window information
>> suggests that the MFC CPP classes are on drive F:, but I have no drive
>> F:. Could this be related to the memory leaks somehow??
>
> No. I think it is a bug of VC7. It happened to me with VC7.1 (VS2003),
> too.
> Just replace the wrong path with correct path of your Visual Studio
> installation.

The first time you try to trace into the MFC code, the IDE will show a
dialog saying it can't find the file and allow you to browse to the correct
path (where the VS was installed). After that, it should find the MFC
source code fine.

-- David

From: Giovanni Dicanio on

"David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> The first time you try to trace into the MFC code, the IDE will show a
> dialog saying it can't find the file and allow you to browse to the
> correct path (where the VS was installed). After that, it should find the
> MFC source code fine.

Several time passed since I used VS2003... So, I believe that you are right
(my memory did not serve me well).

Thanks David.

From: Les on

> "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> The first time you try to trace into the MFC code, the IDE will show a
>> dialog saying it can't find the file and allow you to browse to the
>> correct path (where the VS was installed). After that, it should find
>> the MFC source code fine.
>
> Several time passed since I used VS2003... So, I believe that you are
> right (my memory did not serve me well).

In other words you had a memory leak ! :-))

Les

From: Giovanni Dicanio on

"Les" <l.neilson(a)nospam.acecad.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> Several time passed since I used VS2003... So, I believe that you are
>> right (my memory did not serve me well).
>>

> In other words you had a memory leak ! :-))

:-))

Yes, I forgot to proper wrap that memory pointer with a smart pointer like
shared_ptr ;)

Giovanni