From: saandii777 on
Hello all,

We have a merge replication set up and we are facing problem with a
subscriber.

Publisher: SQL SERVER 2008 Standard Edition. Instance Name: Lapi1/Comp

Subscriber: SQL SERVER Express Edition. Instance Name: Pup/Num
Note: Subscription is not on same server as publisher

We have built a pull subscription at above express edition but we do not
have the option of VIEW SYNCRONIZATION STATUS and because of this we cannot
run the merge agent and snapshot is never initialized at subscriber.

Can someone help as what I am missing or where are we going wrong

Thanks
saandii777
From: saandii777 on
Hello all,

I found out,
run this from command prompt

REM -- Declare the variables.
SET Publisher=instancename
SET Subscriber=instancename
SET PublicationDB=dbname
SET SubscriptionDB=dbname
SET Publication=publicationname
SET InternetURL=https://machinename/virtualdirectory/replisapi.dll
SET InternetLogin=username
SET InternetPassword=passowrd

REM --Start the Merge Agent with concurrent upload and download processes.
REM -- The following command must be supplied without line breaks.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM\REPLMERG.EXE" -Publication
%Publication% -Publisher %Publisher% -Subscriber %Subscriber% -Distributor
%Publisher% -PublisherDB %PublicationDB% -SubscriberDB %SubscriptionDB%
-PublisherSecurityMode 1 -OutputVerboseLevel 2 -SubscriberSecurityMode 1
-SubscriptionType 1 -DistributorSecurityMode 1 -InternetSecurityMode 0
-InternetURL %InternetURL% -InternetLogin %InternetLogin% -InternetPassword
%InternetPassword% -Validate 3 -ParallelUploadDownload 1

Note: server certificate must be installed at client.

cheers
saandii777