From: doverj via SQLMonster.com on

Currently trying to replicate between two servers. The publication database
on one server was recently restored from a copy of the database, but a copy
in which the database wasn't set as a publication. well, I wanted to try
starting from scratch so disabled the distributor and re-created everything
(distributor, publication(s) and subscription(s)). To also make sure
everything was setup properly, I created a single publication containing a
single table with 1 row. I created publication without issue. I then
created the subscription. Again without problem. I viewed synchronization
status and it was waiting for snapshot. Log Reader agent status said there
were no transactions and snapshot agent just said Started, but never seems to
reach the point where it actually takes snapshot. All the job history's
looked good and no errors.

However, after checking on snapshot agent status, when some time had passed,
the following message was given:

The replication agent has not logged a progress message in 10 minutes. This
might indicate an unresponsive agent or high system activity. Verify that
records are being replicated to the destination and that connections to the
Subscriber, Publisher, and Distributor are still active.

Any ideas? Is there a way to completely clear out all replication
(distributor, plubs/subs) easily? This includes all jobs, publications, etc.
Thanks!