From: Ross Armitage Ross on
I have a push merge replication running well on 2003 and we're trying to
migrate to a 'cloud' server running 2008. Before we switch all sites to
2008, I need to replicate from 2003 to 2008 and I can't register the 2008
instance in SQL Enterprise Manager and can't seem to find any way of
replicating to the new box. Any pointers, hints? TIA, Ross
From: Joseph on
Do you mean 2000, or 2005?

It's been my (limited) experience that you:

1) Must make the publisher the newer server
2) Create the subscription from the newer server (IE, 2008 will be
able to see the 2005 box)

Yep, this has caused me much headache. In the end, I'm going to
install 2008r2 Express (free) at my client locations, and have the
newer become the publisher, and this side will become "authoritative".

HTH,
Joseph