From: yann on
Hello,

When I try to merge different project file (by Insert-->Project), I still
see the external link between project (in gray color).
My purpose is to have a single file for which all the tasks are linked
inside the same document and not on the old file.
How can i do?
Thanks
From: Rob Schneider on
Menu: Insert/Project and on the bottom of the dialog box, uncheck "link
to project". This will put a *copy* of the project into the new file.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

From: yann on
Sorry Rob but I already did it and i still have on the new file an external
link to the "old file", very strange ...

From: John on
In article <038E9364-FE7E-41B9-9348-92BD0A5B1A89(a)microsoft.com>,
yann <yann(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry Rob but I already did it and i still have on the new file an external
> link to the "old file", very strange ...

yann,
Converting a dynamic master to a static master will NOT convert external
predecessors/successors. The only way to convert a dynamically linked
master file to a static master file and convert all external
predecessors/successors to normal predecessors/successors is with VBA.

I have a macro that does exactly that, but it is not freeware. If you
are interested you may contact me at the address below.

John
Project MVP
jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm
(remove obvious redundancies)

From: yann on
John,
Does your macro able to merge up to 10 different files?