From: Greg on
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however
today I tried to use it and received the error message:

"The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has
left the Exchange organization.

Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
ID no: c1032751
Microsoft Exchange Management

I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've
tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The
permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for
Administrators. Also looking at the tracking log folder it appears to be
currently logging, just can't use the ESM to view the files.

Thanks,

-g
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Make sure that the folder is shared and has the correct permissions.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

From: Greg on
"Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]" <jmcbee(a)cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
> Check and make sure that on the server in question that the Microsoft
> Exchange Management service is running.

Yup, that service is running and under Local System. Restarted just for fun,
no go.

>Make sure that the folder is shared and has the correct permissions.
>--
>Ed Crowley
>MVP - Exchange
>"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

It is shared, and the 'SERVER_NAME\Administrators' has full access for both
the Share Permissions and Security (I also added SYSTEM with full access,
just for fun). Also just for grins I disabled Message Tracking, moved the
folder and then turned on Message Tracking so that it recreated the folder
and share with the default permissions. Still no go...

Thanks,

-g