From: Copacetic on

Hi. How does one change the way a sheet calls out the columns so that
it is as a numeric form? Is it able to be sheet specific or does it
require the entire workbook carry the same format?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
In EXCEL 2007:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Excel Options (lower right hand corner)

Formulas

- make sure that there is a tick (check) in the box called:-

R1C1 reference style

It applies to the whole Workbook.

Thanks.

From: Rick Rothstein on
In EXCEL 2003 and earlier....

Tools/Options on menu bar... General tab... Settings section...
"R1C1 reference style" checkbox.

Setting is global for the entire workbook.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Copacetic on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 14:44:12 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.SPAM(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:

>In EXCEL 2003 and earlier....
>
>Tools/Options on menu bar... General tab... Settings section...
>"R1C1 reference style" checkbox.
>
>Setting is global for the entire workbook.

I think there is some key combination that allows one to see the
numbering in the 'names' field. Not sure what it is though.