From: Lucky on
Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control
panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of
a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a
configuration problem I cannot solve bt miselft. Appreciate your help
Luis

From: Paul on
Lucky wrote:
> Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control
> panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of
> a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a
> configuration problem I cannot solve bt miselft. Appreciate your help
> Luis

When I look in my custom sound control panel (SoundMax), there is a
section for "Record" and a section for "Playback". Each of those
sections, has an entry for "Microphone". In particular, check the
"Playback" section. Enabling the microphone in the Playback section,
causes any sounds on the microphone, to show up on the computer
speakers.

Paul
From: Lucky on
Paul:

I appreciate your help. However, I dont get the entry MICROPHONE in the
Playback section. Is there a way to add this option?

Luis

From: Andrew E. on
Well you need to use software to speak thru the pc to a speaker..Simply
R.click the speaker by the clock,select "open volume control",options,
properties,select "playback",select line-in,or the micophone-in port,adjust
the volume...

From: Lucky on

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Well you need to use software to speak thru the pc to a speaker..Simply
> R.click the speaker by the clock,select "open volume control",options,
> properties,select "playback",select line-in,or the micophone-in port,adjust
> the volume...

Tnks Andrew: I selected line-in and it does not work. The option
microphone-in port is not available. I think this is my problem. to get this
option in the menu open - volume control - options - properties - playback .
Any idea on how to introduce the microphone-in port to this menu.
Really appreciate yr help

Luis