From: Roger Harrison on
I'm looking for a good Hard Disk Repair program,all I see in google is data
recovery
software,and some of them very expensive.

From: ybS2okj on
What exactly do you mean by HD repair? If you are talking about your HD is
corrupted and you want to start all over again then the simplest way is to
FORMAT it and it will wipe everything for you.

Also, windows have some diagnostic tools like scanning the HD for bad
sectors or even defragging the HD.

Please clarify what do you want to do.

hth

From: Fred S ***** "Fred on
Take a look at spinrite
http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

Fred

From: Paul on
Roger Harrison wrote:
> I'm looking for a good Hard Disk Repair program,all I see in google is data
> recovery
> software,and some of them very expensive.

The only software which remotely resembles hard drive repair, is Spinrite.
This article may give you some idea as to whether the concept has any merit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinrite

Paul
From: Roger Harrison on
I used a program called "HDD Regenerator"(free trial) to check a 200gig
drive
the drive is blank but I want to use it as a second drive.The compter kept
telling
that the drive had bad sectors.CHDSK didn't find anything,The HDD
Regenerator did,but I have to buy the program,which will end up costing more
than the drive.Thanx for your response
to repair the defective sectors.
"ybS2okj" <ybS2okj(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What exactly do you mean by HD repair? If you are talking about your HD
> is corrupted and you want to start all over again then the simplest way is
> to FORMAT it and it will wipe everything for you.
>
> Also, windows have some diagnostic tools like scanning the HD for bad
> sectors or even defragging the HD.
>
> Please clarify what do you want to do.
>
> hth
>
> "Roger Harrison" <xbatt48v(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking for a good Hard Disk Repair program,all I see in google is
>> data recovery
>> software,and some of them very expensive.
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: does this work?
Next: Mic to speaker problem