From: bcoombes on
Phil Stovell wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:18:57 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> And I am the worlds emperor.
>
> You're a fuckwit. I've had enough of this thread, CTRL+I after posting
> this.
>
> I think I'll block all messages from the fuckwit groups (NOT the UK.*
> ones).

Any group with advocacy in the title should be blocked as a matter of course,
unfortunately we still get posts from the 7 cretin sent just to
uk.comp.homebuilt...it's such an honour..shame it's not possible to lock him and
Köhlmann in a room together...forever.

--
Bill Coombes
From: Aardvark on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:18:04 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

> It's a real shame to new Linux users seeking some help in COLA and more
> specific groups like AOLU to see the absolute lunacy going on within.

Like a visit to the zoo- educational (in a sort of what you don't want to
do way) and entertaining (sort of watching the monkey's antics) in equal
measure.

> remember getting hammered the first time I posted to AOLU.

LOL BTDTGTTS

> It was like
> it was taboo to post questions for help on anything because you should
> already know it.

I find that the best source of help is the Linux web fora, especially
those directed towards Ubuntu users.

And alt.os.linux.mandriva is a very handy group.

--
"I can tell you how to become a millionaire in as much time as it takes
a woman to have a baby. One catch: the nine-month plan ends in a funeral."