From: Peter Dickerson on
"Urs" <sinclairql25(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Micro Men - the battle between Clive Sinclair and Chris Curry for the
> 1980s home computer market - is being broadcasted again today at 22:30
> on BBC4.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n5b92
>
> Micro Men is a one-off BBC comedy-drama television show set in the
> 1980s, about the rise of the British home computer market,
> particularly the rivalry between Sir Clive Sinclair who developed the
> ZX Spectrum, and Chris Curry - the man behind the BBC Micro.; played
> by Alexander Armstrong and Martin Freeman respectively. It also covers
> the stories of the Sinclair MK14, ZX80 and QL computers.

thanks, I've set it to record. It will be interesting to see what memories
it provokes. But what of Hermann Hauser, has he been airbrushed out of
history? I'm not sure how much comp arch there is here except that this all
letd to ARM.

Sir Clive offered me a job which I turned down. I guess it would have been
for the Spectrum. I also did some contract work for Acorn on nextworking for
the BBC micro.

Peter

From: Peter Dickerson on
"Peter Dickerson" <first.last(a)tiscali.invalid> wrote in message
> "Urs" <sinclairql25(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> Micro Men - the battle between Clive Sinclair and Chris Curry for the
>> 1980s home computer market - is being broadcasted again today at 22:30
>> on BBC4.
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n5b92
>>
>> Micro Men is a one-off BBC comedy-drama television show set in the
>> 1980s, about the rise of the British home computer market,
>> particularly the rivalry between Sir Clive Sinclair who developed the
>> ZX Spectrum, and Chris Curry - the man behind the BBC Micro.; played
>> by Alexander Armstrong and Martin Freeman respectively. It also covers
>> the stories of the Sinclair MK14, ZX80 and QL computers.
>
> thanks, I've set it to record. It will be interesting to see what memories
> it provokes. But what of Hermann Hauser, has he been airbrushed out of
> history? I'm not sure how much comp arch there is here except that this
> all letd to ARM.
>
> Sir Clive offered me a job which I turned down. I guess it would have been
> for the Spectrum. I also did some contract work for Acorn on nextworking
> for the BBC micro.

Mumbling to myself again... HH turns up within a few mins of the start...

Peter

From: Pepe Pérez on
Pues no estoy seguro de si hubiese llegado a entenderlo -mi ingl�s no va muy
all�- pero lo que me ocurre es que cuando intento ver el v�deo me dice: "Not
available in your area", �s�lo me pasa a mi????

Un saludo.