From: William B. Lurie on
I just spent an unsuccessful and frustrating 15 minutes
searching for driver software for my
Microsoft Windows Wireless Mouse 4000.
If someone could give me a link to that download,
I'd appreciate it.
From: John John - MVP on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> I just spent an unsuccessful and frustrating 15 minutes
> searching for driver software for my
> Microsoft Windows Wireless Mouse 4000.
> If someone could give me a link to that download,
> I'd appreciate it.

It's most likely that the drivers would be part of the Intellimouse
software/driver package try here to see if you can find what you need:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx

John
From: Shenan Stanley on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> I just spent an unsuccessful and frustrating 15 minutes
> searching for driver software for my
> Microsoft Windows Wireless Mouse 4000.
> If someone could give me a link to that download,
> I'd appreciate it.

Is it failing to 'just work' when plugged in? Does it have some special
buttons or the likes you want to program?

Essentially - it should 'just work'. There's nothing exceedingly unique
about your mouse.

I suppose you are wanting the "IntelliPoint" software.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

Essentially, you want:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/A/7/8A76F2CF-0EB7-4690-8287-83BD2DD90118/IPx86_1033_7.10.344.0.exe

You can read about it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/intellipoint/readme

Truthfully - that's a pretty simplistic mouse - I don't know much of
anything you might gain from the extra software. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: William B. Lurie on
John John - MVP wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> I just spent an unsuccessful and frustrating 15 minutes
>> searching for driver software for my
>> Microsoft Windows Wireless Mouse 4000.
>> If someone could give me a link to that download,
>> I'd appreciate it.
>
> It's most likely that the drivers would be part of the Intellimouse
> software/driver package try here to see if you can find what you need:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx
>
> John

Thanks, John. You had it right at your fingertips as usual.
It was at a site that never showed up in my searching
via Microsoft>>downloads>>mouse drivers etcetera.
From: John John - MVP on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> John John - MVP wrote:
>> William B. Lurie wrote:
>>> I just spent an unsuccessful and frustrating 15 minutes
>>> searching for driver software for my
>>> Microsoft Windows Wireless Mouse 4000.
>>> If someone could give me a link to that download,
>>> I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> It's most likely that the drivers would be part of the Intellimouse
>> software/driver package try here to see if you can find what you need:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks, John. You had it right at your fingertips as usual.
> It was at a site that never showed up in my searching
> via Microsoft>>downloads>>mouse drivers etcetera.

You're welcome, Bill.

John