From: gp on
I have multiple instances on my spreadsheet of the same part number that I am
tracking. In the differernt lines I have the different quantities of the same
part number. I want to ultimately pull them together to get a TOTAL, how do I
do this?
From: Pete_UK on
You might want to do it on a separate sheet, where you can list the
different part numbers once in column A. Then in B1 you can have this
formula:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!part_num,A1,Sheet1!quant)

where part_num is the column that you have your part numbers in on
Sheet1, eg E:E, and quant is the column where the individual
quantities are found on Sheet1, eg M:M. You can use full-column
references with SUMIF. Then just copy the formula down to get summary
totals for each part number.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

You may create a pivot table. Drag part number to the row area and
quantities to the data area

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur