From: JM on
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and
Windows Server 2008 (KB979906)

This update fails to install, with error code 643.

I am operating Windows Vista SP2

I have Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 installed, the hotfix for 1.1 (KB929729)
and Microsoft .net Framework 3.5 SP1
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello JM,

You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help
with the error 643.

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643>

Please let us know if this helps. if not wait for more responses
-=-