From: dez on
hi there is no point doing something that doesnt work that article stats that
doing that did not solve the problem so y would i try a fix that clearly
doesnt work
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Maybe it'll work for you?

Or you could...

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB974417).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.

From: Susan Bradley on
dez wrote:
> hi there is no point doing something that doesnt work that article stats that
> doing that did not solve the problem so y would i try a fix that clearly
> doesnt work

Can you see if you can dig out the log files for this update (prob in
the temp file locations) and email it to me?
From: dez on
what temp folder would it be in the only 1 i can find on this machine is the
temp internet files folder is this the right 1 the pc seems fine as the
updates do install it just seems to be stuck in a wee loop with the same
update poping up all the time

From: dez on
hi i was just about to try the fix u suggested i read that artical in detail
searched my pc add remove programs & the regedit looking for the update that
is mentioned on the link uyou posted it reffers to update KB976569
surprisingly i cant find it in my system its not installed windows updates
doesnt offer it to me could this problem be someting to do with that its a 64
bit amd athlon dual core procesor & motherboard running a 32 bit windows