From: tommy on

I can't upgrade my Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 to 3.5 or anything
else. I have Windows 2K SP4 and so much new freeware requires V 3.5

Anybody els have this problem? Find a solution? [ other than upgrading to
XP ]

--
Tommy

From: Craig on
On 07/31/2010 08:56 AM, tommy wrote:
> I can't upgrade my Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 to 3.5 or anything
> else. I have Windows 2K SP4 and so much new freeware requires V 3.5

3.5 isn't supported by win2k apparently...

> Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP

<https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6>

hth,
--
-Craig
From: VanguardLH on

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en#Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008;
Windows Vista; Windows XP

Well, that doesn't include Windows 2000. Mainstream support for Windows
2000 Pro (you didn't mention workstation or server version so I guess
the Pro workstation version) ended back on 6/30/2005. Microsoft doesn't
bother to make its new product versions work on unsupported versions of
its operating systems. When IE9 comes out, it will only install on
Vista and higher since Windows XP supported ended on 4/14/2009.