From: Jemwir on
I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Beta. All of a sudden, I am
not able to preview PDFs sent in emails (though I can download them and
preview other files). Is there a fix available for this yet?

Thanks!
From: VanguardLH on
Jemwir wrote:

> I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Beta. All of a sudden, I am
> not able to preview PDFs sent in emails (though I can download them and
> preview other files). Is there a fix available for this yet?
>
> Thanks!

How is this an Outlook issue? Outlook doesn't handle .pdf files. The
handler program for the .pdf filetype is what allows you to view the
contents of that attachment. You will need to install a PDF file handler,
like Adobe's Reader, Foxit, or PDF-Xchange (provided that they have a
Windows 7 compatible version).

For further reference, this newsgroup discusses the released versions.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
From: Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] on
Outlook 2010 has a PDF previewer.

This and all other public Outlook groups are appropriate for Outlook 2010.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.