From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"g1mail" <gilles.g1mail(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> I recommend you to use a real "backup" tools like BackupMyFolder! that
> will be able to backup PST files while Outlook is running, and as the
> backup is an incremental backup, the backup time is very short.

It's just not possible to get a reliable backup of a PST while Outlook is
running. Outlook holds some data in memory until it closes. That data will
be missing and the PST you do manage to back up may be internally
inconsistant.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: g1mail on
On 24 mar, 14:51, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "g1mail" <gilles.g1m...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I recommend you to use a real "backup" tools like BackupMyFolder! that
> > will be able to backup PST files while Outlook is running, and as the
> > backup is an incremental backup, the backup time is very short.
>
> It's just not possible to get a reliable backup of a PST while Outlook is
> running.  Outlook holds some data in memory until it closes.  That data will
> be missing and the PST you do manage to back up may be internally
> inconsistant.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hello Brian

Outlook is based on MAPI, and I don't know any data that are flushed
until it closes !
Can you give me some example ?

Regards
Gilles