From: Claire on
It is multiposting, Microsoft!!!!!! bad, bad
Claire

From: Mike Williams on
<nntp(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively
> closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations
> in the rapidly-growing forum platform . . .

In much the same way that Adolf Hitler closed down the Jewish Ghettos in
order to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing concentration camps!

> This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving
> customer needs.

Liar.

> Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort . .

[translation: Micro$oft's continues to exercise control over the content in
a way that will maximize profits]

> . . and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence.

And exactly how does it do that? I think you are a liar.

> Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam

We already had a healthy community environment in this newsgroup with
virtually no spam at all, until you sent your lackey MVPs in to dusrupt the
group with Micro$oft generated spam!

> Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic management platform

What? Do you mean you will keep your MVPs out of it altogether, or do you
mean you will not authorize or condone any disruption of the forums by them
in the way that you have condoned their activities when they deliberately
disrupted the VB6 newsgroup?

> that will improve customer satisfaction by facilitating discussions
> in a clean space.

Clean? Do you mean like your activities in Africa were clean, in the sense
of cleaning out the competition by sending in your corporate gangsters to
steal hundreds of thousands of paid for competitive operating systems and
illegally substitute them with operating systems of your own manufacture
without the purchaser's knowledge or consent? Do you mean that kind of
clean? Or is it some other kind of "clean" you are talking about?

> We understand that some newsgroups are still active

Yes, we are.

> and important to the community.

Yes, we are.

> In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out tools and resources
> to minimize disruption to the community discussions.

You seem to have inserted a wrong word there. You obviously mean "maximize
disruption ", since that is what you will be doing!

> In the meantime, please refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website
> http://www.micro$oft.com/fanboycommunities/fanboynewsgroups/default.mspx
> concerning this issue.

That link is coming up with a "link appears to be broken" error. Are you
sure you've got it right?

Mike

From: C. Kevin Provance on
Larry posted this in another group. In case you missed it:

What they say: What they mean:

Starting in early summer 2010, When we get good and ready,
Microsoft will begin progressively closing we will begin our draconian attempt to close
down the Microsoft public newsgroups all the NNTP service we can
to enrich conversations in to try to force everyone over to our web apps
the rapidly-growing forum platform. that we repeatedly update with bug fixes.

This decision is in response Our shareholders demand that we raise revenue
to worldwide market trends and bring out a Google-like ad campaign
and evolving customer needs. which we can't do over NNTP.

:
From: Karl E. Peterson on
nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:
> Date 5/4/2010
> Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing
> down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the
> rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide
> market trends and evolving customer needs.
>
> Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort,
> consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to
> retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with
> less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines.
> Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic management platform
> that will improve customer satisfaction by facilitating discussions in a
> clean space.
>
> We understand that some newsgroups are still active, and important to the
> community. In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out tools and
> resources to minimize disruption to the community discussions.
>
> We are working diligently on providing additional resources and information
> in local languages later this week. In the meantime, please refer to the
> official Microsoft Newsgroup website
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning this
> issue. The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in additional
> languages in the next few days.

Quoting in full, uneditted, for Google Groups.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT