From: 98 Guy on
nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:

> What is Happening?

Micro$haft, in an ongoing battle against Apple and Google, is seeking
ways to enhance it's revenue stream. Part of this plan is end it's
usenet peering arrangement under the guise of creating new and improved
web support forums.

> Why?

Because Macro$oft wants to engineer a new form of paid-support forums
where it will get a cut of the action. Having a free, open and
accessible usenet connection will interfere with this plan.

> Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
> starting with the least active newsgroups and moving
> eventually to more active ones throughout the course of
> the next six months.

This newsgroup is one of the more active ones, yet microsoft is shutting
it down earlier than it should.

> Effective July 1, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.
> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?

If you access this forum with a web browser, stop doing that. That's
lame.

Use a usenet reader / client, and point your news reader to your ISP's
nntp server, or any of a number of free usenet servers. Try
nntp.aioe.org if you don't have a clue.

All microsoft.public groups will continue to be available on usenet
world-wide after Microsoft shuts down it's server. Microsoft's server
is NOT NEEDED for this and other microsoft.public groups to exist and
function on the world-wide usenet.

You can continue to read this newsgroup on another server, or barring
that, try the newsgroup alt.windows98, or the windows 9x/me forums on
msfn.org:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/

In the mean time, you can do your part in doing battle with the illegal
and corrupt corporation known as Microsoft by downloading, sharing,
torrenting, hacking and using as much of their old software as
possible. By denying Microsoft of revenue, we can slay this beast that
has distorted and twisted the computer and software landscape that we
consumers must live with. Our own politicians and regulators have time
and time again failed to break up the illegal monopoly known as
Microsoft, and has allowed them to violate law after antitrust law.
From: webster72n on
Don't you love this 'togetherness', 98 Guy?
Now we can all rough it up 'together'...

Harry.

From: Rockytsquirrel on
hehe ;-)

From: webster72n on

"Rockytsquirrel" <gafa(a)usa.com> wrote in message
> hehe ;-)

Hello Rocky, good to 'see' you again.
Sure hope to 'see' most of our 'old friends' as well.

Harry.

From: Rockytsquirrel on
Greetings,
It would be nice, but I'm beginning to have doubts..
I still got 3 ole ME machines running here and one of these days I'm sure
I'll need a fresh reminder as what to do..

Heaven forbid MS should care or want to help.. ;-(

LOL

RTS