From: Jim on
I'm using the code below to display everthing after the pound sign (#) and it
works for the most part, but displays the whole field for fields that don't
have a pound sign.

My goal is to display everything after the # if there is a #, otherwise
leave the field blank.

Mid([Description],InStr([Description],"#")+1)

Thanks,
Jim
From: Bob Barrows on
Jim wrote:
> I'm using the code below to display everthing after the pound sign
> (#) and it works for the most part, but displays the whole field for
> fields that don't have a pound sign.
>
> My goal is to display everything after the # if there is a #,
> otherwise leave the field blank.
>
> Mid([Description],InStr([Description],"#")+1)
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

You will need to use Iif:

Iif(InStr([Description],"#") >
0,Mid([Description],InStr([Description],"#")+1))

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: Daryl S on
Jim -

Test for the # first, like this:

IIf(InStr(1, "Description", "#", 1) = 0, "", Mid("Description",
InStr("Description", "#") + 1, Len("Description") - InStr("Description",
"#")))

--
Daryl S

From: Jim on
Thank you both for the quick responses - Bob's code worked great!

From: John Spencer on
Try this variation

Mid([Description],InStr([Description] & "#","#")+1)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County