From: fshoff on
I have exported my entourage contacts to a tab-delimited text file and
converted them to an Excel 2003 file using Excel 2007. I then attempted to
import the excel file into Outlook 2007. At the last step I received the
following error message:

Translation Error
A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save a field map.
The file"C:\Ddocuments and Settings\ReleasEngineer. MACROVISION\Application
Data\Microsoft Excell 97-2003.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check
the spelling of the file name and kpath. If the file is on a network or an
external device, the volume must be mounted and registered with the system.

How can I complete the process?
fshoff
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"fshoff" <fshoff(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have exported my entourage contacts to a tab-delimited text file and
> converted them to an Excel 2003 file using Excel 2007. I then attempted
> import the excel file into Outlook 2007. At the last step I received the
> following error message:
>
> Translation Error
> A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save a field
> map.
> The file"C:\Ddocuments and Settings\ReleasEngineer.
> MACROVISION\Application
> Data\Microsoft Excell 97-2003.ADR" was not found by the translator.

ADR files are not Excel files. If you exported the contacts as a TSV (tab
separated values) file, open it in Excel on the PS and save it as a CSV
(comma separated values) file. That will import into Outllook easily.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

> In one case I tried to fill in for a
> garbled contact by importing the entoourage contact as a vcf file, but it
> failed with a message that it was not a "valid file format" for this
> purpose.

A VFC file is human readable txt and can be edited with Notepad. I think if
you remove the Version line contained in the VFC it might work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> A VFC file is human readable txt and can be edited with Notepad. I think
> if you remove the Version line contained in the VFC it might work.

I meant VCF. of course.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]