From: NC Beach Bum on
Having trouble with setting up Ex 2007 the Email Address Policy. It's the
last item to take care of before I remove the Ex 2003 server. Organization
-> Hub -> Address Policy I try to edit and I get an error message to use Ex
2003. I went into Ex 2003 and removed all of the check boxes from the Ex
2003 RUS Policy. I went into Ex 2007 Management Shell and ran
set-EMailAddressPolicy "Default Policy"-IncludedRecipients "AllRecipients"
and it dies telling me I am on the wrong version. I go back to the
Organization -> Hub -> Address Policy and try to apply it and it runs
through all of the mailboxes Ok but dies on a list of 12 Public Folders and 6
Ex 2003 items such as the OAB and the Schedule + Free Busy items.

I am absolutly frustrated - please help - all suggestions would be much
appreciated!

--
NC Beach Bum
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:25:01 -0700, NC Beach Bum
<NCBeachBum(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Having trouble with setting up Ex 2007 the Email Address Policy. It's the
>last item to take care of before I remove the Ex 2003 server. Organization
>-> Hub -> Address Policy I try to edit and I get an error message to use Ex
>2003. I went into Ex 2003 and removed all of the check boxes from the Ex
>2003 RUS Policy. I went into Ex 2007 Management Shell and ran
>set-EMailAddressPolicy "Default Policy"-IncludedRecipients "AllRecipients"
>and it dies telling me I am on the wrong version. I go back to the
>Organization -> Hub -> Address Policy and try to apply it and it runs
>through all of the mailboxes Ok but dies on a list of 12 Public Folders and 6
>Ex 2003 items such as the OAB and the Schedule + Free Busy items.
>
>I am absolutly frustrated - please help - all suggestions would be much
>appreciated!

When you run this, what "ExchangeVersion" is the "Default Policy"?

Get-EmailAddressPolicy | Format-List
Name,*RecipientFilter*,ExchangeVersion

You might want to look at the filters, too, and see if the LDAP and
Recipient versions match. For the default policy they should be
"(mailNickname=*)" and "Alias -ne $null".

Which OAB are you referring to? And how does it die?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP