From: Volker Lendecke on
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 04:07:52PM +0100, Bastien Semene wrote:
> The two servers uses the same backend DB (a MySQL service).
> Smbd logs confirms it can connect correctly to the DB.

You're using the mysql passdb backend with 3.4.5? Support
for that has been dropped from official Samba a while ago.
You're using a specially crafted module from

http://pdbsql.sourceforge.net/pdb_mysql.html ?

Volker
From: Bastien Semene on
Sorry for the double mail.

I forgot to say that I watched the code, as I thought the module can be
the problem.
But everything seems to be done properly.
In log level 5, the pdbedit tool displays the queries and they seems fine.

--
Bastien Semene
Administrateur Réseau& Système

Cyanide Studio - FRANCE

Yes I'm using this one.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:39:15PM +0100, Bastien Semene wrote:
> Yes I'm using this one.
>
> Actually the module has been upgraded for 3.4 (and 3.5) in February 2010
> : http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbsql/files/
> I plan to switch to another backend at short term, but I can't do it now
> as all my services uses this backend currently, and I need to upgrade
> Samba service to integrate Windows 7 workstations.
>
> Anyway I don't think that it is the source of the problem according to
> the tests I made with pdbedit in my previous mail (but I'm a newbie in
> Samba services).
> If you can point me a test to confirm (or unconfirm) that this module is
> the problem, I'll be glad.

Ok, what we need then is a debug level 10 log of smbd that
you can't connect to.

Volker
From: Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac on
After a migration from 3.2.5 to 3.4.7 i'm still having issues. My
windows XP users randomly loses their access to the server and cannot
open the share list. =S