From: Roshawn on
Patrice wrote:
> Hundreds ?
>
> I may underestimate the task but basically the tag map should be enough :
> http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_map.asp (which can be generared using
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.imagemap(VS.80).aspx
> in ASP.NET).
>
> Then you'll likely have a db to store those hotspots and perhaps some
> tolls to split the image into multiple chunks...
>
> --
> Patrice
>

> "Roshawn" <radawson218(a)yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de
>> Converting it from PHP sounds nice. However, I don't understand PHP
>> all that much. The PHP script that I downloaded (MillionDollarScript
>> 2.0) contains well over 100 PHP files spread out between 10 folders.
>> I don't know where to begin. :-(

Hmm, I wasn't even aware that the .NET Framework included an ImageMap class. Nice catch.

Thank you. :-)
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Mar 23, 9:12 pm, Roshawn <radawson...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alexey Smirnov wrote:
> > On Mar 20, 12:30 am, Roshawn <radawson...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Take a look at MillionDollarHomepage.com.  That's what I'm trying to accomplish.  Most
> >> sites like that use PHP scripts.  I'd like to do the same in ASP.NET and was hoping you
> >> guys could point me to some existing .NET code to handle the task.
>
> > Yeah, I've saw it, it was pretty good idea at that time ;-)
> > However, where do you see any need of over 100 PHP files there? You
> > *maybe* need the one to add new image and *maybe* one for the very
> > fist page. That's all. To make a 2-pages application should not be a
> > big problem. All what you need is to
>
> > 1) upload form to upload new image and keep its url (for example in
> > the database)
> > 2) display form with all images and urls from the database
>
> Thanks Alexey.  I didn't know that I the entire thing could be reduced to a 2-page
> application.  I guess the number of files convinced me otherwise.
>
> In a previous reply, someone told me about the .NET ImageMap class and various HotSpot
> classes.  Perhaps I can leverage those to create what I want.
>
> Thanks again.  :-)

Well I think there are few ways to do this. You just need to decide
which one is the best. If I were you I would probably load the "grid"
as a background picture and show small pictures above. This would not
require any special server controls.
From: Roshawn on
Alexey Smirnov wrote:
> On Mar 23, 9:12 pm, Roshawn <radawson...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Alexey Smirnov wrote:
>>> Yeah, I've saw it, it was pretty good idea at that time ;-)
>>> However, where do you see any need of over 100 PHP files there? You
>>> *maybe* need the one to add new image and *maybe* one for the very
>>> fist page. That's all. To make a 2-pages application should not be a
>>> big problem. All what you need is to
>>> 1) upload form to upload new image and keep its url (for example in
>>> the database)
>>> 2) display form with all images and urls from the database
>> Thanks Alexey. I didn't know that I the entire thing could be reduced to a 2-page
>> application. I guess the number of files convinced me otherwise.
>>
>> In a previous reply, someone told me about the .NET ImageMap class and various HotSpot
>> classes. Perhaps I can leverage those to create what I want.
>>
>> Thanks again. :-)
>
> Well I think there are few ways to do this. You just need to decide
> which one is the best. If I were you I would probably load the "grid"
> as a background picture and show small pictures above. This would not
> require any special server controls.

Great suggestion. Thanks!