From: Lars Uffmann on
Hey everyone!

I am currently working on updating the Eclipse guide for wxWidgets in
the wiki to the latest software versions.

I have documented my MSYS and MinGW installation process in this guide:
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/HowTo:_Install_MSYS_and_MinGW_for_use_with_Eclipse_CDT

Eclipse was set up according to
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Eclipse,_CDT_%26_MingW_%26_MSYS_Setup_Guide

Now I have stumbled into some odd behaviour:

When I build the wxWidgets sampleMinimal, with shared library settings
(wxconfig with the option "--static=no"), my final executable will abort
with the critical error message "The application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000005)." This does *not* happen with a static=yes build,
nor does it happen when I build the configTest example (hello-world-style).

I was wondering if maybe something is wrong with my wxWidgets
enable-shared build/configuration. Would it help if I post my configure log?

Or does anyone have an idea on how to narrow down the causes for this
error message?

I am not using any post build step (such as strip.exe) on the executable
to experience this behaviour.

Grateful for any help!

Lars