From: kndg on
Philip K wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> 1. I would like to write a mini-version of PhotoShop for the fun of it
> and for occasional photographers who are overwhelmed by PhotoShop itself.
> 2. I would know how to manipulate the RGB values per pixel if only I
> could get them into an array. Are there any tutorials on graphic files such
> as JPEG, TIFF, GIF, etc. and how to get their data into C#. (The DRAW
> tutorials which I have seen do not cover how to get at the data in these
> file formats, insert the new values, and/or change the resolution.)
> 3. It would also be helpful if there were already in existence Classes
> for sliders, wheels, graphic Curve manipulation, and the other tools seen in
> PhotoShop. Any suggestions on this as well.
> Thanks for any help and suggestions.
> Phil

Hi Philip,

I would recommend you to take a look at the Paint.Net program
(http://www.paint.net). The current source code had been stripped off at
their download page, but you may find it through google however.

If you are doing intensive graphics manipulation, I would recommend you
to take a look at WPF framework (especially the System.Windows.Imaging
namespace) as the GDI+ would be slow for your needs. For details, you
may refer to the MSDN documentations.

Regards.
From: Philip K on
Hi,