From: Lokanadham on
Hi,

I am writing a filter driver that will encrypt/decrypt the file. The
problem i am facing is when some application uses memory mapped files
like MS Word or Wordpad to read the file. I cannot intercept the read
call for this kind of files, no IRP_MJ_READ for this kinda files. Is
there something special i have to do for this kind of memory mapped
files.

Thanks
Lokanadham R

From: Don Burn on
Go to http://www.osronline.com and sign up for the NTFSD list. Then search
the archives of that list, it has been covered extensively.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting

From: Lokanadham on
Thanks for Replay Don Burn,

i don it before, but i not received any information regarding this
memory mapped files,

Thanks and regards,
Lokanadham R

From: Lokanadham on
When a program like notepad, uses Memory Mapped files to read content
from a file, our mini filter should intercept those calls and then
change the contents in memory that are received by notepad. Is it
possible yes/no if yes, then how?

regards,
Lokanadham R

From: David J. Craig on
Why are you asking in a win32 group? Are file systems somehow connected to
win32? There are no MS groups for file systems or file systems filters.
Try OSR.