From: "Harold Fuchs" on
I'm a complete novice with PHP but have used many other languages in the
past. I have also looked in a lot of places to find a solution to this but

I'm running Win XP Pro/SP3.

I have a working Apache 2.2 server running on "localhost".

I installed PHP 5.2.9-1 using the .msi file from www.php.net. I installed
*everything*, even overriding the defaults that would have left some things
uninstalled.

PHP seems to work in my web browser in that the 3-line script
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
displays the correct information.

So, I started reading up on the stuff I'd need for the project for which I
want PHP and discovered that I should be able to run it from a "cmd" command
line.

Doesn't work.

I opened a cmd box and entered "php -v" as per the example I'd just read
about. I got a slew of error messages in the cmd box and, for each message,
a *modal* window complaining about a missing dll file. There are several
such dlls: ntwdblib, OCI, LIBPQ, sqlite3, aspell-15 and libcs. Some of the
dlls are complained about several times.

Yes, PHP is in my PATH. Yes, I ran this as admin.

What am I doing wrong, please?

If it will help I'm happy to attach a text file into which I captured all
the "cmd" error messages.

If this is not the right place for this question, please point me in the
right direction.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England